Forms and FAQs


Full Child Support Services - view information and complete application.

Authorization to Disclose Information - use this form to authorize Child Support to speak with someone other than you about your child support case.

Application for Alternate Payment Arrangement (autopay)

Direct Deposit Enrollment and Authorization

FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions

Q.  Can I make my support payments directly to the other parent?

A.  No.  Payments must come through the State Disbursement Unit when the payment is based on a North Dakota court order or another jurisdiction's order being enforced in North Dakota.  This ensures there is an official record of amounts paid and any balance owing.  You may not receive credit for payments made directly to the other parent.  If you already made a payment to the other parent, contact the clerk of court in the county where your support order was issued to discuss options for getting credit for your direct payment.

Q.  I have two children, one just turned 18 years old and has graduated from high school, the other is still a minor.  Is the child support amount cut in half?

A.  Review your court order to see if the support amount changed when your child turned 18 and graduated from high school.  Some court orders provide for a 'step down' support amount as each child turns 18 and graduates and some orders do not include the 'step down'.  Contact the clerk of court in the county where your support order was issued to get a copy of your support order. 

Q.  When does the child support obligation end?

The child support obligation begins and ends based on the dates provided in your court order.  In North Dakota, most support obligations end when the youngest child turns 18 or the last day of the month the child graduates from high school, whichever happens later.  Most North Dakota court orders will not continue past the age of 19, even if a 19 year old child is in high school.  Contact the clerk of court in the county where your support order was issued to get a copy of your support order. 

Q.  I am the parent who pays support.  My income recently changed.  How can I be sure my support amount aligns with my new income?

A.  The support amount doesn't automatically go up or down when the income of the parent who pays support changes.  The support amount is based on a court order.  It takes a court order to change the support amount.   One of the services provided by Child Support is a review and adjustment of the support amount.   This service is provided on cases receiving Full Services.