Forms and FAQs


Full Child Support Services

Application for Alternate Payment Arrangement (Autopay)

Authorization to Disclose Information


FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions

Q.  How can I pay my child support?

A.  There are many ways to pay your child support including -

Mail payments to:

State Disbursement Unit
PO Box 7280
Bismarck ND 58503

Be sure to include your person number along with your payment.

Q.  I owe child support.  Will my employer automatically start withholding the amount I owe?

A.  You must report your employment information to Child Support.  Child Support will issue an income withholding order to your employer instructing your employer to start withholding support at your next pay period.  Monitor your case online to be sure the amount your employer withholds covers the amount you owe.  This is especially important at the start of your support obligation and when there is a change in your pay cycle such as when changing jobs.

Q.  Why must I report my employment information to Child Support?

A.  State law requires, within 10 days of a new order or any change in information, you must report your employer's name, address, and phone number.  You must also report your social security number, address, phone number, driver's license number and any other information that may affect your child support case.  To learn more see NDCC 14-09-08.1(2)(a).

Q.  My employer is withholding support from my check every pay period.  I don't need to be concerned with anything else - right?

A.  It's easy to monitor the activity on your case online.  Monitoring your case online will allow you to see if the support amount is being paid on time.  Contact Child Support right away if you have any questions or notice something that looks inaccurate.

Q.  Can I just pay my support rather than involving my employer?

A.  Autopay is a payment method available to qualified parents.  To qualify for autopay you must:

  • be receiving Full Services from Child Support.
  • have paid the full amount due each month for the last 9 months or since the beginning of your obligation if less than 9 months.
  • submit an application for autopay along with a voided check to Child Support.

Q.  I changed jobs.  What do I need to do?

A.  Report your new employer's name, address, and phone number to Child Support.  Monitor your case activity online to be sure there isn't a gap in payments due to the employers having different pay cycles.  If there is a gap in payments, you must make a payment to cover the missed amount.  It's important to stay current with your payments to avoid interest charges and other enforcement actions.

E-Payment FAQs