Child Support is a Division of the Department of Human Services
The mission of the Department of Human Services is to provide quality, efficient, and effective human services, which improve the lives of people.
Child Support Purpose:
- Enhance the well-being of children.
- Reduce demand on public treasuries by securing financial and medical support from legally responsible parents.
- Encourage positive relationships between children and their parents.
Child Support works with cases receiving Full Services and cases receiving Limited Services.
The primary activities of cases receiving Full Services include:
- Paternity Establishment
- Establishment of Court-Ordered Child Support
- Establishment of Court-Ordered Medical Support
- Enforcement of Court-Ordered Support
- Review and Adjustment
- Receive and Distribute Payments
Child Support works in partnership with the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement and other state agencies.